Sunshine Eggs project - volunteers needed
South Asian volunteers aged 18-64 years and Caucasian volunteers aged 18-35 years are needed for an 8-week dietary intervention trial at Newcastle University from January to March 2018.
The Institute for Agri-Food Research and Innovation (IAFRI) are conducting a randomised controlled trial investigating the effect of vitamin D fortified eggs on vitamin D status, muscle function, bone health and cardiovascular health in people living in the North East.
- The trial will involve two visits to the NU-Food research facility based at Newcastle University.
- At each visit we will record your body measurements and ask you to provide a small fasting blood sample, a blood pressure reading and perform a simple handgrip strength test.
- Dietary, health and lifestyle and sun exposure information will be collected by questionnaire.
- For 8 weeks you will be asked to consume either no more than 2 eggs a week or 7 eggs a week.
- If you are asked to eat 7 eggs per week you will not know if they are regular or vitamin D fortified eggs.
- You may be randomly selected to voluntarily participate in a focus group discussion, approximately one month after completion of the trial.
A £20 Amazon voucher will be given in addition to the reimbursement of reasonable travel expenses involved in taking part in the study.
If you are interested in participating, or would like further information please email: email@example.com
published on: 10th January 2018
If you would like to submit a staff announcement or provide feedback about this website please visit our Contact Us section.