Groups and Networking
We are keen to encourage staff to help and support each other where they share interests or concerns. A number of examples that are currently operating include the Bicycle Users Group, the Carers’ Network, NU Women, MOSAIC and the Disabled Employees Network. We are keen to include new groups and networks.
- Bicycle Users Group
- Carers' Network for those with caring responsibilities to share experiences and provide mutual support
- The Disability Interest Group - DIG exists to provide forum for disabled staff to meet and exchange information and to encourage University service providers to take the needs of disabled staff, students and visitors into account
- Friends of the University Library an active social group of current and retired members of staff, along with people from the local community, who have an interest in supporting the Library)
- Mosaic (provides a network for LGBT members of staff, students and alumni)
- Newcastle University Staff Football Club (PDF, 10KB) are looking for new staff players to join their squads.
- University Women's Club for female academic and academic-related staff
- Women's Network open to all women who work at the University. It provides a forum for women to share ideas and provide mutual support for their career development
- Yoga Group (PDF, 148KB) open to all, beginners welcomed. Thursdays from 5.30pm to 7pm at the University.
If you would like to submit a staff announcement or provide feedback about this website please visit our Contact Us section.