Society and Environment
The University has an excellent record in recycling waste and is becoming ever more energy efficient – we encourage our staff to help us in achieving these goals and also to help themselves.
We promote sustainable travel options for travel to work via the Cycle to Work scheme and discounted public transport season tickets. As one of the largest employers in the city we are also aware of our place in society, and the University’s 2021 Vision clearly identifies the University’s commitment to contribute to the major challenges facing society.
- Campus Environment and Grounds Maintenance
- City and Regional Partnerships
- Cycling Resources from Sustrans, the UK's leading sustainable transport charity
- Cycling to Work and Showers
- Information for Older People
- Recycling information from Newcastle City Council
- Self Help Groups and Charities
- Services for Gay and Bisexual men
- Services for Lesbian and Bisexual women
- Student Community Action Newcastle
- Travel Smarter
- University Travel Plan (PDF: 8.9MB)
- University's 2021 Vision (PDF: 865KB)
- Newcastle Allotment Working Group
If you would like to submit a staff announcement or provide feedback about this website please visit our Contact Us section.