It gives you access to key information, guidance, resources and expert staff.
• Monday and Tuesday - 9:00-17:00
• Wednesday - 10:00-17:00
• Thursday and Friday - 9:00-17:00
Services available on Level 1 where the Careers Service is located:
• Career and Work
Services available on Level 2 where the Interaction Team is your first point of contact:
• Academic Support and Information
• Fees, Funding and Finance
• Health and Wellbeing
• Exchange an Study Abroad Programme
• Visa Support
• Careers Drop-in:
Monday- Friday 11.00-16.30 (term time)
Monday-Friday 11.00-15.00 (vacation time)
• Accommodation Drop-in:
Monday and Friday 09.00-17.00
Tuesday and Thursday 09.00-13.00
The last available slot is 15 minutes prior to the end of the drop-in.
• NUStudentHomes Drop-in times:
Monday and Thursday 14.00-17.00
Tuesday, and Friday 9.00-12.00
• Financial Advice Drop-in: Wednesday and Thursday 14.00-16.00 – spaces are limited so please arrive prompt at the start of the drop-in to avoid disappointment.
• Loyola (Term Time only) Drop-in: Wednesday 12.00-14.00
• Postgraduate Admissions Drop-in: Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 10.00-12.00 Wednesday and Friday 14.00-16.00.
• Regulations, Policies and Procedures Drop-in: Thursdays 12.00-14.00
• Research Student Support Team Drop-in: Monday-Friday 10.00-12.00
• Student Wellbeing Service Drop-in (term time only): Wednesday and Friday 13.00-14.00 – spaces are limited so please arrive prompt at the start of the drop-in to avoid disappointment.
• VISA and Immigration Drop-in: Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 13.00-15.00 and Friday 10.00-11.30
• Northumbria Police Drop-in: Thursdays 12.00-14.00 (come along for an informal chat or for confidential advice) – may be reduced service during vacation periods
Customers on Level 2 can take a ticket and wait to be called to the Helpdesk for:
• Student Smartcards: Issue, replacement/renewal
• Payments (Maximum cash transaction of £50)
• All student services (accessed via level two) enquiries and signposting
Use the Express queue (no ticket required) for:
• Pre-booked appointments check-in
• Pre-ordered document collection
Use our Drop Box:
A drop box is located near the entrance on Level 2- use it if you have something to hand in to Student Services and don't need to speak to a member of staff.
Visit the Cash Desk (Cash, Cheque, Bank Transfer, Credit Card and Debit Card Payments accepted) for:
• Payment of Tuition Fees
• Payment of Accommodation Fees
• Payment for other transactions
The Student Services Interaction Area provides:
• A Smartcard scanning station
• A comfortable waiting area
• Interview rooms for confidential appointments
• University Networked PCs with printing facilities
• Non-networked PCs for the use of pre-registered students
• Literature stands full of useful student information and guides
• Semi private pods for informal meetings
• Public payphones
• Queue busting staff during busy periods advising customers as they wait so they are not kept waiting unnecessarily.
If you are unable to visit us at King’s Gate we are happy to deal with enquiries made via our form.
• Student Services brochure (PDF: 969KB) - a summary of services
located in King's Gate and our opening times
• Using Student Services at King’s Gate: what you can expect from us
and what we expect from you
• Confidentiality statement